The Communications & Outreach Intern collaborates with the leadership team to provide administrative and logistical support for Levitt LA during the summer concert season in MacArthur Park. The Intern will play a key role in strengthening Levitt LA’s public presence and establishing relationships to support community engagement, promoting talent, audience development, and organizational sustainability. Attendance is required at all summer concerts which are tentatively scheduled (as of Oct 2022) for Friday evenings, Saturday morning/evenings, and Sunday late afternoons. Administrative/office days will be Wednesdays/Thursdays. From June-September (Labor Day weekend) there will be an opportunity to work approximately 30-40 hours a week with up to 100 hours being offered remotely. There is an opportunity to create a flexible work schedule after the concert season if hours should remain.
• Takes initiative and self-motivated within a team environment
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and stay focused
• Passion for Levitt LA’s mission of making live music accessible to all
• Bilingual in English, Spanish, and/or Korean preferred
• Have the ability to run the occasional errand, pick up computer equipment at office, etc, either with personal vehicle or public transportation
• Social media management and video editing skills a plus
Since 2007, Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) has presented a full season of summer concerts at MacArthur Park, bringing together over 600,000 people of all walks of life. The hybrid format concerts inspire all to engage with the park, celebrate the cultural diversity of Los Angeles and enrich thousands of lives by building a safe, vibrant community gathering space through the performing arts. Levitt LA works to uplift the cultural resilience of MacArthur Park that exists past and present. The mission is to build community through music.
How to Apply
To apply to the Levitt LA Summer Internships, please send your resume, and a cover letter describing why you are interested in working for Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles firstname.lastname@example.org with “Levitt LA 2023 Outreach & Communications Intern” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.